Exterior Painting - How To
- Power wash exterior surfaces to remove dirt, dust, mold and any other natural substances.
- Make sure windows and doors are closed before starting.
- Never leave the pressure washer running when not in use.
- Avoid going up high on ladders due to slip risk.
- Scrape any peeling paint from surfaces before painting.
- Make sure the floor and trees are fully covered.
- Add primer after scraping on wood.
- Clean up any paint chips left on the ground.
- For Lead Paint removal ask management for further information and equipment.
- Before starting scraping or painting, cover the floor around the areas to be painted.
- Use painter's tape and plastic covers to seal objects that will not be painted.
- Cover any trees, furniture, grills, and vents and ask the owner/customer to move cars away from the work area before beginning spraying.
- Caulk around trims where needed.
- Use your fingers and a wet sponge to obtain a clean and even application.
- Make sure to scrape any peeling paint or to remove any old caulk before applying the new caulking.
- After covering the floors and everything else around the areas to be painted, go ahead and have fun doing what you do best.